Merely HAVING a blog for your business isn’t enough.
Many small business have a blog because they think they should (but you don’t have to have one ). If you are going to invest in one, you may as well do it right. That means:
- Weaving keywords into your titles and headlines
- Posting at least once per month until you’ve built up a content library
- Retiring or updating older or under-performing posts
- Answering questions your key prospects are likely to ask a search engine
- Executing a smart internal and external linking strategy
- Making it easy for people to subscribe to your blog
- Sending frequent updates (at least month) to your subscribers
These 7 steps are the bare minimum to enjoy measurable results (i.e. earning a spot on the first SERP (Search Engine Results Page), which takes time. Even a keyword-rich and strategic blog post can take 18 months to rank.).
Skip any of the 7 steps, and your blog won’t be effective.
Need help creating a blog for your small business that’s an effective part of your lead generation strategy? Let’s talk.
**Earning a spot on the first SERP (search engine results page) takes time. Even a keyword-rich and strategic blog post can take 18 months to rank.